Friday, February 22, 2013

Gallbladder cleanses or make sure you have light olive oil

I've begun prepping for my next gallbladder/gallstone cleanse. I'm doing the cleanse Sunday into Monday (so look for me to be moaning and groaning if I do make it onto my computer, at all).

In the meantime, I'm on black walnut/wormwood/cloves tinctures. And all my water will have apple cider vinegar in it until after the cleanse.

One amazing thing: I found an olive oil that is so light that I think I'll actually be able to drink it in the quantities in which I need to drink it in order to actually do the cleanse. A light olive oil is particularly important if you ever want to be able eat olive oil, ever again, after you've done one of these cleanses. By the time I was done drinking the copious amounts of oil I had to drink in order to complete the cleanse, I never wanted to be anywhere near oil olive again. In fact, now, years later, I'm still unable to be around the really pungent ones.

Last time I did the cleanse, the oil was way to olive-y and it was very hard to endure. But, as I am a tad phobic about having surgery and as the cleanse works beautifully, I'm all over this. I would much rather endure one day and night of misery than endure surgery. That's my phobia and I'm stickin' to it.

I'll post something about how it goes after it's over. In the meantime, I'm eating carefully and taking excellent care of myself so I won't suffer too much during the cleanse itself.

Here's to taking our health and our bodies into our own hands. I have no problems with traditional medicine. My sister is a doctor. When it is appropriate, traditional (western) medicine rocks. On toast. With jam. For me, the only thing that western medicine says to do is to get my gallbladder removed. That's not an option for me so I'm doing this instead.

How about you? Have you ever tried a gallbladder cleanse? How did it go? If you haven't, would every give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment