Monday, April 15, 2013


My heart goes out to all who are suffering tonight. May you find healing. May your grief flow through you and from you and may your pain ease.

As I heard about the events in Boston, I immediately thought, "What can I do? What can I do? I'm so far away! How can I help?"

And then I realized that while I can't directly help those who are injured or wounded, I can help by continuing to do the work I am doing, I can educate children about the rest of the world, about the Earth, about other cultures, and about kindness, tolerance, and peace.

Tonight, I will sleep with a heavy heart knowing that others are hurting. Tomorrow, I will strive to teach kids about the one world we all share. Tomorrow, as tonight, I will hope that their future will be one that is filled with connection, awareness, and tolerance for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment