Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stupid questions? Nah, there aren't any.

Trust that you have options, ask the questions that need asking, and then believe in yourself to make the right decisions. Today's cards, the Seven of Cups, the Two of Swords, and the Page of Rods, ask a lot of us. Like the whole partner, job, apartment thing that tells we can only have two out of three of those things, it is often hard to realize that we have choices, that we deserve to make those choices, that we can ask questions about where we are without real fear that we are being stupid, and that we can trust ourselves to make those choices in our own highest good.

Most of us don't have that sense of entitlement and that can be to our detriment. So, today, I say we "fake it 'til we make it." Even if we feel like we would look like fools by asking "stupid" questions while we try to get to the bottom of whatever it is that's confounding us, we still need to ask. The Page of Rods isn't dumb. The Page asks questions and communicates concerns out of a sense of appropriate need. Before the Page can act, she or he must know exactly what needs to happen. See? Not stupid. In fact, quite smart. If you don't ask, you'll never know. Too many times in our lives, we keep quiet when we should be raising a ruckus. We stat silent when instead we could be pinning down the exact bits of info that will give us what we need. For me, it's always about numbers/taxes, etc. I ask questions all the time because it's confusing to me and the stakes are high. I want to have it right so even if I look stupid to the person answering the questions, I just don't care. I would much rather look stupid now but have the right answer later. That way, I don't suffer bigger consequences down the line. And, once I have all the information I need, I can make informed decisions. What's not to love?

So, despite whatever emotional turmoil it might cause you to do this today, if you have questions you need answered, get them answered. I don't care if you feel foolish. Find out, explicitly, what's going on and then choose a course of action based on your information. Once you know what's up, then you can plan. Until then, you are running around wearing a blindfold in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment