Sunday, February 10, 2013

Today's Tarot: Page of Swords (Be honest, be conscientious, be mindful)

It starts with being honest with ourselves. In the end, that's most important. I find that my own capacity for pulling the wool over my own eyes can be quite vast. So, I constantly have to remind myself to assess where I am, what I am going through, what I want, and what I will do.

That's what the page of swords says to me. It says, "even if it sucks, tell yourself the truth." For example, if I try to deceive myself by telling myself that I am okay with something when I am actually not ok with it, it will absolutely come back to bite me on the butt. Something will happen and my position will come out and I won't have controlled the narrative, as it were. I won't have gotten to be honest with either myself or the other person/people involved when things first occurred and so later I would have to react to them finding out rather than initiate the conversation and be able to tell my point-of-view my way and in my time.

So, the most important thing is to tell it like it is both to yourself and to others. You can certainly use logic to describe it. You can be extremely detailed in the telling of it (whatever it is). But the crucial thing? Make it be the truth. Anything else will kick your butt into next Tuesday. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will do so.

You want to get out in front of it and not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes (yours or others') is the best way to do that. If the people to whom you tell the truth aren't equipped to hear it, that is not your problem. You can be tactful when you truth-speak to them, but you still have to tell them. In the end, you will likely regret being less than truthful but in the final analysis, you will never regret being honest.
Please note: I couldn't find an image of the Hanson-Roberts Tarot Page of Swords so I chose the card from one of my other favorite decks, The Ancestral Tarot. In that deck, the Pages are Princesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment